My good friend Krysse gave me the honors of enjoying her delicious chocolate drink and I am happy to share the recipe with you. Chase the cold away 🙂 .
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 to 5x the water( so e.g if your can is 330ml your water is 1320-1750ml you have to taste you might need more or less water depending on how sweet you want it)
6 heaped tbspns of cocoa or nesquick
3 tbspns maizena (cornstarch)
2 stars of anis
Peels of one orange
1 tspn Cinnamon
1/2 tspn Nutmeg
1/2 tspn Cardamom
1 tbsp vanilla essence
Ps: The must haves are; sweetend condensed milk – which you can substitute for normal milk, nesquick which can also be substituted for (cooking) chocolate plus you can use whichever spices you like 🙂
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk in a sauce pan over heat and rinse out with water to get it all out. Add the water and stir.
- Add your spices and orange peels and bring to a boil then turn down the heat and let it simmer
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa with a few spoons of the hot milk mixture before pouring it all back into the saucepan. Stir.
- In a bowl mix the maizena with a little cold water before pouring it into the saucepan. Stir to avoid any lumps forming. Bring down the heat and let it simmer and thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with some crumbled short bread pastry.
Happy New Month to you too…