Dr. Cupid says hi…

It’s a few minutes past 4 o’clock, 4.18pm to be precise and I am still in the office . By this time the sun is supposed to be or rather expected to be falling for the moon. But noooo, it’s still scourging hot and to make it worse it’s on a Monday. Just 4 days after Valentine’s.

Of late the rains have been playing hard to get and they were winning, the Chelsea 6-0 defeat is nothing to compare it to haha 😂  (pun very much intended). Now you get a rough picture of my situation, back to my story.

Noella, one of my younger sisters had just sent me a picture, one that changed my day for the better. I let out a slightly big scream from my corner desk at the office and then I quickly cover my mouth with my hands and try to act normal but my body isn’t cooperating. All of a sudden I’m feeling super hot, it’s like I’m sweating but I’m not, my knees are weak and it’s like the time wasn’t moving. It’s 4.20pm.

Fast forward to home time. I leave the office in such a rush. At the stage the matatus are no where to be seen. At this moment I’m legit sweating. One finally shows up and we’re off to town. I’m not sure if I should buckle my safety belt incase of anything because I wanted to be safe and in one piece by the time I was getting home. But then putting the seat belt on and then removing it was just too much work for my lazy self, so I just put it across my laps. I don’t know why but it felt safe.

Luckily there’s no traffic until we were past Posta just before Railways. The makanga (tout) goes like , “Wale wa haraka mshuke na jam.” (those in a hurry to alight while there’s still traffic). Haha I’m the first one out, I’m extra cautious of even how I walk lest I just get hit, maybe that’s why I didn’t see Audrey,  Sarah and Fred aka The Shark family pass me the first time. I was very absent mined.

I am now in the house, 3 hours 26 minutes later. It’s 7.46pm, I walk straight to Noella and ask her for the envelope she’d sent me a picture of. This envelope is the closest thing I now have to Bill, my Chocolate Magic 😉😉 . Bill is currently in training (strict one) where phones are not allowed. Last time we spoke was 3 weeks ago.  My heart is smiling that the letter travelled over 8,000miles. Hence you can picture all the faces I am making while reading the 🖤 letter.

It is now sleep time. My sleep was characterised with intervals of me patting the letter with eyes closed just to confirm it was still intact.

It’s Tuesday, I leave the house at around 6.30am with the letter inside my bag pack. This is my new pocket-novel.


(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)


  1. giantslayer101 February 22, 2019 at 12:20 pm

    Fairy tales… 😍😍This is beautiful


Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published.