I am such a lover of food and ever since I got back I keep reminiscing of this particular favorite that stole my heart.
The first time I had Accra was at La Cote Ouest Restaurant. My friends and I loved the food here, we even became regulars and started getting free accra J. I really wanted to ask for the recipe since the accra here was different from any other place I ate. As fate would have it, I bought a post card and voila it had the recipe on it, so I just confirmed a few things and I am happy to share it!
You can also have it with a sauce of your choice.
Salt cod fritters
- 250g wheat flour
- 125g salted cod fish
- 1 onion
- ½ pepper
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- De salt the cod fish (soak until the salt comes off of it)
- Cook and strip the cod leaves
- Cut up all the ingredients into small pieces and mix it all up with the flour and about 1/4l water
- Let the mixture sit for about 45 minutes
- Then make small balls from the mixed dough and deep fry them till golden brown
Ps: If you are ever in Guadeloupe make sure you go to La Cote Ouest Restaurant in Bouillante you will not regret.